We went in for our first doctor's appointment in March. We knew we were pregnant -- I was 10 weeks along. When the ultrasound image came up on the screen, I had no idea what I was looking at, but apparently Matt saw something strange about the image. Immediately my doctor blurted out excitedly, “Oh my goodness, I see something interesting! Do you see what I see? I see something interesting! You’re having twins!”
I grabbed Matt’s hand. My first thought was: Oh. My. God. My second thought was that both were healthy, so I immediately asked “Are they separated?” “Yes,” she said. “Are they the right size?” “Yes,” she said after quickly measuring, they were both right on schedule!”
I looked over at Matt. His face was totally blank, with no expression. He was still staring at the screen, and holding my hand, not saying a word, not making a sound, not changing his expression one bit. All I could think about was how I couldn't wait for my doctor to leave the room so I could find out what Matt was thinking.
Dr. Bhalala then said, “Okay, well, twins changes a lot. We have a lot more to talk about.” and she left the room for a few minutes. I turned to Matt and said, “Are you alright???”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment