Monday, July 25, 2011

The Birth

My water broke at 2am early Monday morning, and after 30 hours of labor and 2.5 hours of pushing, we decided it was time to call it, and get it over with with a C-Section. At 12:06 PM on Tuesday, November 9th, two healthy babies were born (in the exact same minute):

Thomas Alden Bettman, 6 lbs. 2 oz, 19" long
Grace Margo Bettman, 5 lbs. 13.4 oz, 19" long

Their first photo:

Here's a quick view of my labor room:

I was a mess, having taken a shower and not had a comb to comb my hair out. Then 30 hours of labor later, and 2.5 hours of pushing, then a C-Section surgery (which I could feel even with an epidural, so they were numbing me pretty hard with morphine, laughing gas, sedatives, and god knows what else), so my post-delivery photo doesn't look that great:
Don't judge me... I just went through 30 hours of labor, followed by a C-section that I felt the entire thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment